UPDATED Summer Worship Schedule: Our Congregation Council has voted to extend our summer worship schedule through Sunday, September 10, with just one service at 9:30 am. Food, fellowship and Christian Education will follow the service at 10:30 am.
Giving Tree: Be sure to check the Giving Tree to see how you can donate towards youth trips this summer.
Calendar planning July 16: Calendar pages for August 2017 thru August 2018 are available on a table in the hall just outside the Nursery. Please stop by and write in your upcoming meetings, activities or events. Planning ahead helps avoid conflicts in scheduling. You may also call or email this information to Debbie in the church office.
Need at Oak Grove Elementary: Starting today, you will have an opportunity to assist some students at Oak Grove Elementary with back to school supplies for the upcoming school year. According to Maribel Lacey, the family specialist at Oak Grove, the pre-kindergarten and kindergarten students there have the greatest need for supplies. The school supply list is relatively simple and available on the table in back. If you would like to donate supplies for one of these students, there will be a sign-up table outside the sanc- tuary today. The supplies are due back to the church by August 13. This is a good way to strengthen our partnership with the local elementary school and help support neighborhood families in educating our future citizens.
Saturday Evening Fellowship and Worship: Please join us on the last Saturday of the month, Sat., July 29 as we share a meal together, worship, and celebrate Holy Communion. We begin our time together at 5:30 pm in the Fireside Room We hope to see you there!
The Chapel Boychoir of San Antonio will have a music camp from July 24-28, 9:00 am-4:00 pm at Church of the Resurrection, 5900 Walzem Road. The RSCM (Royal School of Church Music) curriculum will be used and there will be an awards ceremony at the end for those achieving the white, light blue and dark blue levels. Boys ages 8-13 are invited to attend. There is no tuition, but the director needs to be contacted before the event so folders can be made. Boys need to provide their own lunch and snacks! For further information, contact Mary Ann Winden, director, email@example.com, 210-542-1968.
- Why Is Joaquin Castro Raising So Much Money?
- President Trump as a Role Model?
- Why Is Obamacare More Popular Now?
- Sunset Funeral Home Clergy Appreciation Breakfast
- Reviewing My Old Journals
- Animals v. People
- The Challenge of Acronyms
- July 5 Meeting with Deacon John Dellis
- Theme of Mark: End Economic Oppression?
- Crucial Conversations Book Finished
- Challenges Pastors Face
- Lutherans React to Supreme Court Decision on Refugees
- Y’all Means All: Discrimination Has No Place in Texas
- Genesis 21:5, 8-20a
- The Depth of Budget Cuts
- Texas Impact Comments on Senate Health Bill
- ELCA Intern Sought by Texas Impact
- July 2 Worship Service
- Shareholder Meetings and Advocacy
- German-American Lutherans in Texas
- Retributive Justice v. Restorative Justice
Copies of these and previous blogs are on the table in the back of the church.