Congregational Meeting Notice: Today Sun., August 6, 2017, we will have an important special congregational meeting to vote on a capital campaign to take place this fall. We will meet here in the sanctuary immediately following the 9:30 am worship service. Please plan to join us.
Part A of our 57th Annual Congregational Meeting will be held Sun., Aug. 20, 2017, 10:45 am in the Fireside Room. The purpose is to elect new council and committee members, vote on the 2017-2018 spending plans and hear reports from committees and task forces.
Mac Park School Annual Rummage Sale: Mark your calendar for Sat., Sept. 30 for this annual event. Many people have already donated items, but we have room for more! Donations are accepted weekdays or can be brought on Sunday mornings. All useable items are greatly appreciated and are tax deductible.
UPDATED Summer Worship Schedule: Our Congregation Council has voted to extend our summer worship schedule through Sunday, September 10, with just one service at 9:30 am. Food, fellowship and Christian Education will usually follow the service at 10:30 am.
Join the celebration next Sun., August 13 at 10:30 am in the Fireside Room to honor Leigh Anne Seitter and Debbie Kennedy for each having served MacArthur Park Lutheran Church for 30 years. This reception follows the 9:30 am worship service.
The women of MacArthur Park Lutheran Church are invited to attend a luncheon at Shepherd King Lutheran Church (303 W. Ramsey) on Sat., Aug. 26, at 11:00 am in their Fellowship Hall. The event is sponsored by the Women of the ELCA of Shepherd King and will feature a speaker Enedina Casarez Vasquez. Enedina is a published poet, playwright, author, and artist. Graduate of Our Lady of the Lake University, Episcopal Seminary of the Southwest, and presently at Lutheran Seminary at Austin. Enedina is a Synodically Authorized Minister and Mission Developer Planter at Lutheran Church of the Good Shepherd. She is the Minister and founder of Platicas de Santa Sophia which is an ecumenical group of prayerful women. They are beginning their fifth year and are based at Grace Lutheran and Good Shepherd Lutheran. Enedina will speak about her ministry for unchurched women and using art as prayer. RSVP to Suzette Price at either 210-655-3833 or firstname.lastname@example.org by Sat., Aug. 19.
Southwestern TX Synodical Women’s Convention, September 29—October 1, 2017 at YO Ranch Hotel, Kerrville, TX ~ All women are invited to attend. Registration includes Saturday lunch and Saturday evening banquet: early bird registration is $110 (by August 16), regular registration is $125 and extra ban- quet tickets are $30 each. Registration forms are available on the table in the back of the church with more information and hotel reservation rates. Contact Debbie in the church office if you would like this information emailed to you.
Saturday Evening Fellowship and Worship: Please join us on the last Saturday of the month, Sat., July 29 as we share a meal together, worship, and celebrate Holy Communion. We begin our time together at 5:30 pm in the Fireside Room. We hope to see you there!
- A Reason MacArthur Park May Not Grow Fast
- Conversation with Health Activists
- Have a good birthday. Remember the poor.
- Growing Urgency in Washington and Austin
- 2024 Solar Eclipse in Texas
- Annual Congregational Report
- Recent Jerusalem Violence
- Looking Good v. Being Good
- Shortage of ELCA Mission Developers
- Rev. Traci Smith
- Sponsoring Committee Education Work Group
- The Religious Right and Morality
- Synod Newspaper Article
- Saturday Evening Worship
- An Alarming Situation
- Interfaith Lobby Day August 1 at Capitol in Austin
- Return of Corporal Punishment to Three Rivers
- Bread for the World Webinar
- Wage Gap Improves a Little
- Uneven Holy Communion Lines
- Should the Church Promote Western Values?
- Why Baptists Are Celebrating the Lutheran Reformation
- Councilman Clayton Perry Polls
- August 1 Interfaith Lobby Day
- Senator Jerry Moran
- Resettlement Agency Refugees Are Now Accepted
- Added Pressure on Austin and DC Area Clergy
- Texas Impact Rapid Response Team
- August 11: Clare, Abbess of San Damiano
- August 10: Lawrence, Deacon, Martyr.
Copies of these and previous blogs are on the table in the back of the church.